The Enigma Of Thedas
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do any of you know a reputable sailor?

2 posters

Go down

Do any of you know a reputable sailor? Empty Do any of you know a reputable sailor?

Post by Hedge Your Bets Thu May 16, 2013 10:01 am

I can scarce believe I am doing this. It must be madness.

I require a sailor, a captain of good repute. Reliable and at least so trustworthy that I have reasonable guarantee that I will not end up bound for Tevinter in shackles.

No, not for that. Take your mind out of the gutter.

It is a ship I require. I am... leaving.

Perhaps the time for guardedness and caution is ended. I am leaving Ferelden, I suppose I have not concealed the fact I wander that nation particularly well. I am loath to reveal my destination, but I also recognise advice will not come unless I give it.

Very well. It is for the Free Marches I am bound. I have a history of turning up late. I failed to make for Ostagar in time to support the King. I failed to guide the smallfolk out of Lothering when the darkspawn descended on them. I resolved not to lend my sword to Teryn Loghain for the defence of Denerim, choosing instead to protect a hold the darkspawn never reached.

Naturally, I was not in Kirkwall when this conflagration ignited but that does not mean I wish to sit idly by. I go the Free Marches, late as ever, to lend what assistance I can to those that need.

And there are... arrangements I need to make, with those closer to the heart of these troubles.

I am a creature of the land, however, and have no clue which harbour would afford me swiftest travel, nor which has the sounder ships and more honourable captains. I have asked those around me, but it seems squirrels, trees and owls have little to say on the matter. So it is to you, oh nebulous shades of ink, that I put my inquiries to.

The only reward I can offer is gratitude.

Hedge Your Bets

Back to top Go down

Do any of you know a reputable sailor? Empty Re: Do any of you know a reputable sailor?

Post by Kristoff Rickenheimer Sat May 18, 2013 3:14 pm

"Late" does not begin to describe your timing, heading to the so-called Free Marches.

With the turmoil going on in the Free Marches, and the return to form that Fereldan has seen, many are seeking passage right now. I have a ship - one that can take you to the Free Marches, if that is your wish.

We depart from Highever in two weeks - I will not wait for you. It should not be hard to find me, the dwarf who owns a ship.

-Kristoff Rickenheimer

Kristoff Rickenheimer

Back to top Go down

Do any of you know a reputable sailor? Empty Re: Do any of you know a reputable sailor?

Post by Hedge Your Bets Fri May 24, 2013 8:01 am

My, you are a prickly sort, no? My continuing apologies for the lateness of this reply, I am afraid I cracked my ink pot on a brigand's head and have only just been able to resupply.

Two weeks, or whatever time of that I have left, is quite the forced march. I believe I have made good enough time, however, I can meet your schedule.

Shall we discuss payment now, dwarf? I would so hate to be the victim of contractual robbery.

Hedge Your Bets

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristoff Rickenheimer Fri May 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Miss, you think far too little of me! All that will be required is the cost of a week's worth of compensation for lodging - I will charge no more than any apartment in Denerim. I am an Andrastrian, not a money-grubbing swindler.

Also, please do try to keep out of the way of my sailors. I'll tell them to do the same of you. I hope you enjoy the smell of syrups! Those Marchers do love themselves some sweets.

-Kristoff Rickenheimer

Kristoff Rickenheimer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum